April Fools Day is coming so I thought I would compile a list of pranks that the Zigbee Alliance can play on us.
Top 10 April Fool Jokes that the Zigbee Alliance can play on us:
- Hide yo momma jokes randomly in the spec and see if anyone finds them.
- Zigbee 2006 will be obsoleted and only Zigbee Pro will be supported.
- Announce a policy of annual Zigbee spec revisions with no backwards compatibility.
- Microsoft will be joining the Zigbee specification committee.
- Note: They authored the 8000 page OOXML spec, and are believed to be corrupting the vote currently going on to adopt it.
- They announce a new layer with an additional multi-hundred page spec on top of the 500 page Zigbee spec and 300 page 802.15.4 spec.
- They spent too much money at the last few open houses so the next one will be at the Motel 6 in Oakland.
- Announce an investigation into creating a new adult toy profile.
- They make 802.15.4 beacon mode and guaranteed time slots a requirement for Zigbee compliance testing.
- I become the official spokesperson for Zigbee.